In the Spotlight: Splash Mountain
Welcome to another edition of In the Spotlight! In this post, we’ll be looking at some interesting facts about Splash Mountain.
- Splash Mountain is based on the 1946 film “Song of the South”.
- The entire Splash Mountain area takes up 9.2 acres.
- Splash Mountain contains 68 audio-anamatronic characters. This is one of the largest number of anamatronics to be in a WDW attraction.
- The entire ride lasts about 11 minutes.
- The showboat in the final scene is one of the largest animated props in WDW.
- It holds 12 anamatronics singing the theme song, “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah”.
- The showboat is 36 feet wide, and 22 feet tall.
- The big drop on Splash Mountain is 5 stories tall. You will reach a speed of 40 mph while dropping.
- You must be 40″ tall to ride Splash Mountain.
I hope you’ve enjoyed another post of In the Spotlight!