In the Spotlight: Test Track
Welcome to another series of In the Spotlight! Today, we are taking a look at Test Track, found in Future World at Epcot. I heard from some comments that ITS posts were interesting, so I’m bringing them back. Here we go!
- Test Track’s track is 5,246 feet long, making it the longest ride in Walt Disney World.
- Guests can only see four wheels on each ride vehicle, but actually, there are 22 wheels!
- Because of the 22 wheels, each car has six different braking systems.
- Three computers are onboard each ride vehicle, and put together, they have three times the computing power of a space shuttle.
- Next time you’re in the corrosion chamber, check out the nozzles on the robots – they are actually Hidden Mickeys.
- Each ride lasts an exact 5 minutes and 34 seconds.
- The entire Test Track area is 150,000 sq. feet.
- Test Track replaced “World of Motion”, another transportation themed dark ride sponsored by General Motors as well.
- Test Track opened over two years late due to problems revealed during testing and changes to the ride design.
Well there you have it – I hope you enjoyed another ITS post – and feel free to comment!