Welcome to the first post of the new series of Top 5 Lists! In this post, we are looking at the 5 best themed queues (lines) in Walt Disney World. Keep on reading below to check them out:
5. Test Track, Mission: SPACE – Alright, these two are tied for number five. Test Track really gives you that authentic feel of car testing with equipment, parts, data, and actual tests going on all throughout the queue. Mission: SPACE provides that modern, space feel with the huge spinning gravity wheel, diagrams of spaceships, and actual rovers and satellites hanging from the ceiling.
4. Expedition Everest – I bet you thought this would be number one, didn’t you? Well, it’s definitely not for me, even though it is a nicely themed queue. The plants and old statues seen throughout the long, winding line is very realistic. It always gives me the feel of Asia, which is how it should be.
3. Toy Story Mania! – This queue is awesome. It always amazes me how they can really make you feel like the size of a toy. From the huge board games on the walls, to the tinker toys, to the lincoln log fort where you get your 3D glasses, this queue is one that had to make the list.
2. The Seas with Nemo & Friends – Here’s a real winner. The second you walk in you’re seemingly on the beach at dawn – the sun just rising. Then you head down and see the ocean level above you. You now appear to be under water, with boats overhead, and the pack of famous fish still making all sorts of shapes.
1. Tower of Terror – While I have never been on this ride (yeah, lame, I know), I have seen enough pictures to know that this queue is probably one of the most realistic ones in the whole “world”. The feel of an abandoned hotel is everywhere – from the newspapers from 1939, to the pastries sitting on the table waiting to be eaten.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the first of many Top 5 lists here at WDW Central! Now share your thoughts – do you agree with the list, or what would you change in it? Let us know in the comments below. Photo: LiftHill
Share this post on Twitter